I NEED HISTORY HELP PLZ?
1. Until 1954, all jurors in Texas were male. (1 point)
2. After Brown v. Board of Education all Texas schools immediately complied. (1 point)
3. Pollution in the Houston Ship Channel became so bad tests showed no oxygen in the water. (1 point)
4. In Brown v. the Board of Education of Topeka, the Supreme Court ruled that (1 point)
racial segregation was legal.
racial segregation in schools was unconstitutional.
women could serve on juries.
all state senators must represent the same number of people.
5. All of these rights were limited during the “red scare” EXCEPT (1 point)
freedom of speech.
freedom from unlawful search and seizure.
freedom of the press.
freedom to assemble peaceably.
6. Whose message of nonviolence and racial equality attracted a wide following? (1 point)
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
7. The Congress of Racial Equality organized all of the following EXCEPT (1 point)
bombings of college buildings.
8. The law that protected the rights of all people to vote was the (1 point)
Voting Rights Act.
Civil Rights Act of 1964.
Congress of Racial Equality.
Elementary and Secondary Education Act.
9. A third-party candidate is one who is (1 point)
both a Democrat and a Republican.
neither a Democrat nor a Republican.
10. By 2000, the Republicans in Texas became identified with (1 point)
11. The three countries affected by NAFTA are the United States, Mexico, and (1 point)
12. In 1984, the Texas legislature enacted all of these school reforms EXCEPT (1 point)
increasing teacher salaries.
providing for merit pay.
increasing class sizes.
increasing state funding for poorer school districts.
13. Texas folklore is important in telling about the state’s (1 point)
history and culture.
14. The first artists of Texas were prehistoric peoples who left (1 point)
15. Visitors to New Braunfels and Fredericksburg can learn about (1 point)
16. The increase in population in Texas according to the 2000 census meant (1 point)
Texas gained another senator.
Texas gained two members in the House of Representatives.
Texas qualified for more federal aid.
Texas gained another judge on the Supreme Court.
Since writing this post navarro.cc may have helped people, but has not within the last 4 days. navarro.cc is a verified member, has been around for 3 years, 3 months and has 2 posts and 1 replies to their name.
Invite Others to Help
A logged in and verified Help.com member has the ability to setup a Friends List and invite others to help with posts.