This post left anonymously
Since writing this post Anonymous may have helped people, but has not within the last 4 days.
contact tech support for your computer. they should be able to give you the necessary information.
how do you contact tech support for your computer?
what kind of computer do you have? Dell, HP, Acer, etc
Ok,the best thing for you reset windows Password with password reset disk.But you don’t have one,you need to create.Follow this steps and then you can change your password soon.
1. Login to a computer that can link to Internet. Download windows Password Recovery Standard or Windows Password Recovery Professional from http://www.windowspasswordrecovery.net and install it on that PC. Note that: there is a .ISO file. Burn the .ISO file to a CD or a USB flash drive.
2. Insert the newly created CD/USB drive to the locked computer.
3. Reboot the locked computer and press’F2′or’Delete’to enter your BIOS setup and then followed the process of instructions. Just a few steps, the old password was removed.
You can reset Vista password on command prompt with an available admin account to enter safe mode first. If you have another Windows Vista admin account, try these steps below:
Step 1: Press F8 when your Windows Vista PC is booting. You will come to the Advanced Boot Options. Then choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt and press Enter.
Step 2: Enter safe mode with an available admin account.
Step 3: Type “net user” and press Enter. The command prompt will show you all accounts on the Windows Vista PC.
Step 4: Type “net user Paul 123″ (Paul is the locked admin account’s name and 123 is the new password) and press Enter. Now you have successfully created a new password on the locked admin account.
Step 5: Type “shutdown -r -t 00″ and press Enter.
Your Windows Vista PC should be rebooted automatically and then you can logon Windows Vista with the new password.
If the method above should not work, you could use some third party windows password recovery software, e.g. Windows Password Recovery Tool 3.0 .
I an acer laptop
then contact Acer…
For Windows password reset without reset disk, you can try the following two ways:
1. Creating a new reset disk by yourself through downloading Ophcrack from http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net. It is free. And you only need blank CD/DVD or USB drive.
2. Using reset software, Anmosoft Windows Password Reset. It can allow you to reset or change your password, or create a new account. No matter administrator or other account passwords it can help you reset. Want to know more you can visit http://www.resetwindowspassword.com
When forgot your Windows password, to make use of Windows password reset disk can be the most efficient way. Since you have no password reset disk, you can then make use of some password reset tools. I have ever used Windows Password Killer from http://www.windowspasswordkiller.com. When you regain access to your account,do remember to create a password reset disk. You can refer to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-hk/wi…
Invite Others to Help
A logged in and verified Help.com member has the ability to setup a Friends List and invite others to help with posts.