2013-03-12 14:59:00 on I need help from someone from a different culture.
There are people on this website from all over the world! I was born and raised in the United States, but my parents are immigrants.
Of the topics, which would you like to discuss first?
2013-03-12 14:54:46 on Hi, Has anybody got any good recipes for baking buns or cakes?
No problem! :)
2013-03-11 16:47:14 on Idk what to do anymore my life is falling apart in
That’s extremely vague. Give details! I can try to help/give you good advice if I know what happened.
1. Start talking to people online and work your way up from there. You’d be surprised at how many people actually WANT new friends! There are so many lonely people out there. I understand that social anxiety can be crippling. Start out slow. Go for a walk, smile at people you see. Don’t push yourself too hard, but get out of your comfort zone a little. Take just one class. They have classes at places like Michaels, local community colleges, even the gym! Anything. Just one. See how it feels.
2. Stop stealing from your father. I know that sounds like I’m oversimplifying it. Ask your parents for help. Tell him exactly what you wrote here. Help him understand why you have been doing this. Confession is good for you-it helps wipe that conscience clean and it’s the first step to stopping a bad habit.
3. Me too. I watch the news more than I should. It’s a good idea to be somewhat cynical-but not TOO cynical. So, whenever you start feeling like the whole world is evil and there’s no hope for anything, try writing down ONE thing that’s good in the world. Or message me! I’m home a lot lately (long story) so I’d be happy to respond.
4. You don’t sound like a bad person to me. You just sound very self critical. It sounds like your self esteem is pretty low, and the only way to improve that is to add some accomplishments to your life! Monotony can drive anyone crazy.
I think you lie because you want people to like you. That ties into the self esteem issue. I’ve addressed the stealing-I don’t think you’re a bad person because you feel guilty about it. If you didn’t feel guilty, THEN you would be a sociopath.
5. You need to see a shrink. I know that sometimes they’re unhelpful, and bad ones cause more harm than good, but it’s kind of like looking for a significant other. You’re going to go through quite a few before you find the right fit.
Good luck! Shout me any time.
2013-03-11 16:06:15 on I can’t wait for the weather to clear up to be able to do some fishing.
Me too! (Not fishing for me, but just being able to go out and enjoy nature would be nice.)
I’ve been cooped up in the house for awhile, because of the surgery, but now I really just want to go to a park or something. It’s supposed to be in the 60s this weekend, which is exciting.
The first day of spring is in 9 days! You’ll have your blue skies soon, hopefully. :)
2013-03-11 15:56:08 on Law school was the biggest decision of my life.
I’m sorry you’re going through such a tough time. Especially, since it seems to me, that you were only trying to better yourself by pursuing a higher education.
I know that it feels like the world is ending. How long were the two of you together? I think it’s unfair of you to place all of the blame on yourself: communication goes two ways. If she felt neglected, she could have told you.
I feel like I’m not really getting the whole story.
P.S. Don’t blame law school! Everyone knows that there is ZERO social life when you’re taking classes. She should understand that you’re going to be swamped.
Say my name by Destiny’s Child
2013-03-05 11:35:30 on My mom Cant File Taxes for FAFSA?
I don’t, but you need to call your financial aid office ASAP. The longer you wait, the less money you receive.
Also, deadlines!!! Mine was March 1.
My recommendation would be that you fill in your fafsa as best as you can NOW and you can amend it later. The important thing is that you submit it!
2013-03-05 06:54:00 on What should I do?
Just say, “I’m sorry, I’m not usually this irresponsible and I know I was wrong to miss work yesterday, but if you need me, I would be happy to work today and tomorrow. I don’t want to leave on a bad note, and I really want to apologize. I have no excuse for missing work-I know I was wrong.”
But don’t quote that verbatim. Ad lib and make it your own or it’ll sound rehearsed and fake.
I’m agnostic, I’m not even religious. I’m just saying: Maybe you should chill and try to relax. I’m sensing a lot of anger.
2013-03-03 14:29:45 on I am so tired of how partisan and close minded our country is becoming.
[quote lairm]I feel wearied often about how little some people allow themselves to see for whatever their reasons. It makes it difficult for them to have relationships, to experience peace, joy and all the things that make life so amazing. Our differences make life thrilling. If we are not interested in controlling people then their differences are like more colors in the crayon box. Fun, exiting and new.
It’s sometimes difficult to say something because if you hit one “key word” than there’s this load of back stroy this person has created about that word. Now they believe they know you, what you stand for and everything you think. It’s weird. It’s like you’re not even talking to a person.[/quote]
Yes, this is very true. You shouldn’t let yourself become defined by terms such as “Democrat” “Republican” “etc.”
We are all so much more than that.
Blanket statements and generalizations are a form of prejudice, aren’t they?
2013-03-03 14:04:32 on :(
[quote mindhealer]Yes, it’s very positive. but aggressive like rap-rock. There’s also more peaceful “healing sanctuary” music on some other post I made a week ago. That’s peaceful stuff.[/quote]
[quote The Sherlockian]Sorry you went through that traumatic experience. I am so glad that your family closed ranks around you!
Go see the pastor . . . it will help you get through your grief.
You have a beautiful life ahead of you–believe me![/quote]
Thank you, Sherlockian. I should be able to move around more next week, so I’m going to ask my boyfriend to set something up in the next week or so.
2013-03-02 18:07:35 on :(
Is it your musical interlude post? Bc I will definitely listen to it!