2011-01-31 13:45:19 on I give up.
Ugh. I remember being 13. We’re all little angry ***ches at that age. Just hang in there and do the best you can for her… eventually she will understand that you only ever did what was necessary.
2011-01-31 13:40:07 on Husband calls our 7mo baby terrible names and locks her in the closet.
Hey. did you do it? Are you out yet?
You know you need to go. There is no doubt. You also know it doesn’t even really matter where you go.. you just need to. If he acts like this to a simple crying baby.. imagine what will happen when she is a toddler and starts testing? Imagine what happens when she turns 3 and becomes defiant. Imagine what happens when she is older and she remembers all these terrible things that are happening to her. People who do things like he is doing don’t “get better.” They don’t magically one day decide to be a better person. In fact, they usually escalate in their violence. It is not, nor will it ever be worth the risk!
GET OUT NOW. NOW.
2011-01-31 13:32:34 on Which Of These Ten Magical Items Would You Choose?
1. A pot that can produce 1,000 kilograms of any food a day.
No.. we have more than enough food in this world, we’re just too dumb to actually get it to the people who need it.
2. A bracelet that keeps weather perfect wherever you go and within a 250 kilometer radius.
Na… whats perfect? Sometimes I like the weather messy.
3. A necklace that allows you to touch books and instantly absorb knowledge from them, without reading.
That sounds tricky.. what if its a fiction book.. will you believe its true?
4. An unlimited bottle of perfume that will make you wildly attractive to the opposite s’ex (or same s’ex if you’re gay), which cannot be used on anyone you love.
No thanks, I’d rather be attractive for who I am.
5. A watch that allows you to reverse time by a minute or less per day.
Nope.. I’d just screw that minute up the same way I did the first time around :-p Or find a whole new way to screw it up.
6. A bell that when rang fixes any one object at a time, excluding living things, within a minute.
This could be really helpful! Imagine how much money you’d save on things. No car bills, no plumber bills, no broken family heirlooms. Yeah.. I’ll take it!
7. A chocolate bar, with twelve pieces, that makes anyone who eats a single piece invincible and youthful until the age of 160.
Yuck, no thanks! I have no desire to be that old.. regardless of how old I feel at the time.
8. A no fuel required, maintenance free, eight person van that can take you anywhere on the planet within one second.
Nah.. the road trip is the best part of driving. Sometimes its more fun to get there slowly.
9. A remote control that allows you and another person to change, superficially, into anyone you want; the effect lasts until you decide to revert.
That sounds overly risky. Think of all the bad things that you could do…
10. An immortal dog that poops out one gold coin every time it goes to the bathroom.
2011-01-31 13:12:34 on I just broke up with a friend of of several years.
Thank You Aries for the invite. Sorry it took so long, I was out of town.
Suz, it sounds to me like you have some serious issues to work out with yourself before you get in a relationship with someone else.
If you never liked him in the first place then you never should have been going out with him. Regardless of how much you pitied him or felt bad for him.. it is not ok to do that to someone. Every time you took him back you were only setting him up for more pain.
I must say I’m a little disturbed reading the whole “oh.. if I’m old and wrinkly he will just take be back” part. Are you kidding me girl? First of all, are you really silly enough to think that some poor man is going to wait around for you forever? More than that.. are you really terrible enough that you would do that to someone.. simply go back to them because you are old and alone?
I think you need to stay alone for a while and figure yourself out. You obviously don’t know yourself or what you really want.. or you wouldn’t be wasting your time putting people through things like this.
2011-01-28 08:38:33 on Will I be able to dye my hair with semi-permanent dye after having bleached my hair.
Oh you should be alright with that. Usually hair only falls out because of coloring if you do it way too often or you leave the bleach on for way too long.
2011-01-28 08:03:31 on Will I be able to dye my hair with semi-permanent dye after having bleached my hair.
It will probably be fine. Be careful of your color choice though. Sometimes certain colors will turn your hair orange or pink after it has been bleached. (Its true. I’ve seen it happen. lol)
2011-01-28 08:00:47 on BEGGAR.
Yikes! Very well written.. but now… now I’m cold. :-p
great as always!
2011-01-28 07:53:32 on I have been converted!
[quote jobseeker]I got converted into a recycling sign. :/[/quote]
[quote Call Me Chris]I need an electric toothbrush. I used to have one. They made my teeth feel so much cleaner.[/quote]
I recommend the Sonicare ones. They are great! If you buy them around or right after Christmas they are priced pretty well too.
2011-01-28 07:51:27 on What should i take in highschool?
Empress Chaos is right, you need to sit down with your counselor and talk about where you think you want to go and what that specific college is looking for. You are a junior now? Start applying for colleges in the spring and this coming summer. The earlier you apply the better chance you have of 1)getting accepted 2) getting financial aid. Make sure you look into fafsa… they provide a ton of money to students who couldn’t have gone otherwise.
Also, study hard for your ACTs and SATs (if you need to take the SAT, some schools don’t require them). Sometimes the schools look more at that score than they do at your grades. Keeping your grades up and being in the National Honors Society can really help you with scholarships as well.
Do you know what you are planning on majoring in yet? If you do.. make sure you try to get some related classes in now.. so that when you write your entrance essay you look driven towards your goal.
lol! Thanks for sending me that Aries!
So.. my brother has this dog.. its an enormous thing.. (looks like a yellow lab but its tale is fluffier) that just showed up on his doorstep one day and never left. I was sitting at the piano one day playing.. and he sat down next to me and started “singing” with!! My brother and I just stared at each other. haha. Who knew?!
2011-01-27 20:49:52 on O
[quote Phantom gentleman]sometimes I think the best cure for a writers block is to get completely away from anything to do with writing for about twenty minutes. granted sometimes it doesnt change anything but sometimes I come back to my project and the creative flood gates open.[/quote]
Ya know.. I tried that.. only.. instead of 20 minutes it turned into 5 days. Whoops. Good thing I didn’t have a specific deadline on this article. Yikes.
2011-01-27 20:48:40 on I have been converted!
[quote Nmm29]Ooo thats evil. I was reading ur big post earlyer and then read the opening name of the post[/quote]
I think that was kind of his point. lol.
Tricky Tricky Tricky
2011-01-27 20:44:48 on I have been converted!
Yeah.. they are pretty much amazing. Seriously. I love mine.
Oh my dear…
NO it does not happen to everyone.
NO you shouldn’t just “let it go”
NO it wouldn’t be having a “pity party” to tell someone who can do something.
Yes you need to forgive him.. however.. you need to know that that takes time. You also need to understand that forgiving someone and condoning their actions is not at all the same thing.
Yes you “shouldn’t be putting up with this.”
Look. You have to understand that you have the choice here not to enter into that situation. Don’t go to that house anymore. Stay at your boyfriends or get a different place if you have to. Heck, stay in a shelter if you have to. Just GET OUT. Delete your father’s number from your phone and don’t answer if you get a call from any number that isn’t in your contact list. Remove yourself from the situation and stay out of it. If he shows up wherever you are, call the cops. Don’t let anyone convince you not to.
Everyone deals with abusive situations differently. Your mother is probably in denial, and your sister, unfortunately, is probably mimicking your father’s actions. Every person does what they have to to survive… that doesn’t mean they are in any way right.. but they are doing what they think they have to, non-the-less. You need to do what YOU have to to protect yourself.
2011-01-27 20:02:50 on what helps you to get to sleep iv not slept properly in about a week i am exausted?
There are a lot of things you can do to help you sleep.
1) Exercise during the day. (Make sure this is not after 7pm, as then your body takes too long to calm down from the endorphins).
2) Do yoga before bed. (Keep it light.. mostly the stretching movements)
3) Avoid Caffeine and alcohol 2hrs prior to bed
4) Don’t use your bed for anything other than sleeping. When we do things like read in bed, do homework in bed, or watch t.v. in bed we train our bodies to that. If you only use your bed for sleeping your body will learn that when you lay down there it is time to go to sleep.
5) Try Caffeine free teas such as Camomille (forgive my spelling on that one) or Lemon.
6) I have heard that taking mallatonin supplements before bed will help you sleep. (Though I always try not to take anything unless I have no other choice). This is a chemical that your brain produces which helps to regulate your internal clock and tells you when to go to sleep.
7)Taking a bath in Lavender oil, or spraying some on your pillow will make you more tired.
8) One of the most important: eat healthy meals during the day and drink lots of water. When your body is getting the proper nutrients and hydration it is always more likely to function properly.
good luck Kathrine!